I was looking at the calendar this morning and realized that in 2 weeks, you’ll be turning 6 months already. YOU’RE HALF A YEAR ALREADY!!! Now, where did the days go?! It seems just yesterday you were a peanut in my uterus. And now, you’re almost the same size as our pillow.
The sixth month has great things in store for you my love. I’m excited to feed you “semi-solids” made from scratch. You’ll also be joining a swim class. There’s also out-of-town trips awaiting and my first birthday celebration as a mommy!
But then, I want to savor each day I can still call you baby. I’m getting sentimental right now as I’m thinking of the days we’ve spent together. You never ceases to amaze me and every time I look at you, I feel so blessed.
So, before you turn a month old (again!), here are the things you’re busy with now:
- You like sleeping on your side just like Mommy and Daddy. I don’t know if it’s good for your bone development but you’re sleeping through the night, so I let you!
- You appreciate your toys more. Before, they were just decorations in your crib but now, you reach for them, put them in your mouth, study how to play them.
- We can easily tell if you like something or not. Most of the time though, you show happiness and we’re super okay with that!
- It’s getting hard to change your nappy and put on your clothes because of your increasing mobility.
- You don’t nurse in public as often as before. You want to join in the conversations and people watch.
I’m having so much fun being your Mommy. There may be days when I don’t have sleep nor time for myself but it comes with the territory. Sleep can wait but not your growing up. I’m slowly accepting the fact that you’ll grow up and might need me less, but isn’t that a sign I’ve raised you well?