Ours is a love story typical of a movie script — friends who met after how many years, got into a car accident and then realized they can’t live without each other. We may have hurt some people to be with each other, but that’s a decision I’m never, ever going to regret. Choosing you has made my life exhilarating.
I don’t want to be sappy this early in the morning but here are 6 lessons I’ve learned over the years that may help other young couples keep the love alive:
- Never sleep on a disagreement. It’s best to pour out your feelings rather than keeping them aside. Open communication is key!
- Don’t talk about your partner negatively. Especially in front of his parents, hehe.
- Our love language is time. So we see to it that we set breakfast dates or a quick beer run, to have couple time!
- Always choose love. There was a time that I thought I couldn’t go on with the relationship anymore. But setting aside pride, anger and jealousy, love will always be there.
- I really like it when Bry kisses me good night even when I’m asleep. It’s the small things that make the big impact.
- Keep the friendship alive and the passion burning.
To my biggest critic and number 1 supporter, happy anniversary! I love you!