Another facet of my being a SAHM is experimenting in the kitchen. Hence, the birth of another category in this blog, Foodventures. Expect homemade yummies, not-so-healthy cravings and viands straight from cookbooks and websites.
To start off this new category, I chose my homemade banana cupcakes. Starting Z’s first monthly birthday, I’ve been making cupcakes from the box. Not so healthy and creative, eh? So, this month I tried making my own from scratch. Here’s what I used:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 pieces mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coco sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
The steps are fairly easy:
- Sift flour. Add in the salt and baking soda. Mix well then set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and the two kinds of sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients. When everything is incorporated, fold in the bananas.
- Put in the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Be sure the oven is preheated in 375 degrees.
- Pour in batter into muffin pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Do the toothpick test to know if the cupcakes are done.
- When the toothpick comes out clean, take out of the oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
You may opt to put in walnuts for added crunch. Also, cream cheese frosting goes well with these.
I could further improve this recipe by adding crushed pineapples to add moist in the cake. But, overall, I think it was enjoyed by the people who tasted my first from-scratch baked goodie!
It’ll be my birthday in a few days and it’s fitting to have a giveaway as a way of giving back. I’ve been blessed this past year and it’s high time to pay it forward.
Fortunately, one of Z’s godmothers, Ninang Tetel, is a budding online entrepreneur. She owns the very fab Fabulousa Closet on Facebook and is very generous in sponsoring my first ever giveaway! Check out what she’s giving away to 1 lucky reader!
Who wouldn’t look scorching hot in this ensemble, right?! Perfect for summer and the imminent beach getaways!
This is open to anyone in the world! Just follow the steps to join:
- Add Fabulousa Closet on Facebook.
- Post this as your Facebook status with tags: “I’ll be scorching hot this summer with pieces from @FabulousaCloset and mrsbry126.wordpress.com”
- Share this post on your Facebook wall.
- Follow @mrsbry126 on Twitter.
- Tweet: “I’ll be scorching hot this summer with @mrsbry126 ‘s giveaway! Pls RT!”
- Leave a comment on this post with the following:
- email address
- Facebook status link
- Facebook share link
- Tweet link
Contest is open from April 12 – 26. Winner will be generated by Random.org. Good luck to everyone!